If mistakes are not corrected for you then they turn into bad habits, so it becomes harder to get rid of them. The best way to correct them is to realise them and I challange you to score ten on ten in the commonly confused words quiz.
For each of the following 1-10, choose the correct answers.
1) My parents ... from Italy when I was a child.
2) John ... Emily on how nice she looked.
3) She is well known ... a singer.
4) He is not ... in going camping with us.
5) We're ... to listen to you.
6) I was eating my ... when the phone rang.
7) She takes a walk with her dog ... .
8) He ... her not to buy a used car but she didn’t follow his ... .
9) I’m too tired to go for a walk. ... , it’s raining.
10) Her mother ... to let her go out in the rain.
Share your Results:
Answers – Commonly Confused Words Quiz
1. My parents emigrated from Italy when I was a child.
2. John complimented Emily on how nice she looked.
3. She is well known as a singer.
4. He is not interested in going camping with us.
5. We’re all ready to listen to you.
6. I was eating my dessert when the phone rang.
7. She takes a walk with her dog every day.
8. He advised her not to buy a used car but she didn’t follow his advice.
9. I’m too tired to go for a walk. Besides, it’s raining.
10. Her mother refused to let her go out in the rain.
Finished already? Then try another exercise here.
Awesome, I share your quizzes with my students. Keep up the good work. 🙂
Some really interesting details you have written.Helped me a lot, just what I was searching for : D.