If mistakes are not corrected for you then they turn into bad habits, so it becomes harder to get rid of them. The best way to correct them is to realise them and I challange you to score ten on ten in the commonly confused words test.
For each of the following 1-10, choose the correct answers.
1) Our company is in ... danger of collapse.
2) Kyle was chosen from ... 100 applicants.
3) Could you ... me your bicycle for a few days?
4) You should keep him ... until the ambulance arrives.
5) She feels ... that she will pass the exam.
6) She kept ... while we were talking.
7) The film was better than I ... .
8) I don’t know ... it is good or not.
9) She has an ... different personality to me.
10) If you won’t tell him the truth, ... I will.
Share your Results:
Answers – Commonly Confused Words Test
1. Our company is in imminent danger of collapse.
2. Kyle was chosen from among 100 applicants.
3. Could you lend me your bicycle for a few days?
4. You should keep him conscious until the ambulance arrives.
5. She feels confident that she will pass the exam.
6. She kept quiet while we were talking.
7. The film was better than I expected.
8. I don’t know whether it is good or not.
9. She has an altogether different personality to me.
10. If you won’t tell him the truth, then I will.
Finished already? Then try another exercise here.
thank you for sharing
Thanks a bunch