The best way to learn gerunds and infinitives is through practice and I challange you to score ten on ten in the gerunds and infinitives quiz. Read through the ten sentences and choose the correct missing words.
For each of the following 1-10, choose the correct answer.
1) You need ... some sleep.
2) I would like ... Germany someday.
3) Can you help me ... my glasses?
4) I don’t feel like ... out tonight.
5) I look forward ... you next week.
6) He's going to miss ... in New York.
7) My mother stopped ... when she became pregnant.
8) I try to avoid ... shopping on Saturdays.
9) I don't mind ... late when it's necessary.
10) She stopped ... at the map.
Share your Results:
Answers – Gerunds and Infinitives Quiz
1. You need to get some sleep.
2. I would like to visit Germany someday.
3. Can you help me find my glasses?
4. I don’t feel like going out tonight.
5. I look forward to meeting you next week.
6. He’s going to miss living in New York.
7. My mother stopped smoking when she became pregnant.
8. I try to avoid going shopping on Saturdays.
9. I don’t mind working late when it’s necessary.
10. She stopped to look at the map.
Finished already? Then try another exercise here.