The best way to learn prepositions of place is through practice and I challange you to score ten on ten in the prepositions of place quiz. Read through the ten sentences and choose the correct missing prepositions.
For each of the following 1-10, choose the correct answer.
1) I listen to the radio ... the way to work.
2) We watched the football game ... TV.
3) My parents live ... New Zealand now.
4) I saw a good film ... the cinema yesterday.
5) We were stuck ... a traffic jam for an hour.
6) Is there any fish ... the menu?
7) I could not find a seat ... the bus.
8) We were great friends when we were ... college.
9) She likes to sleep ... the right side of the bed.
10) Don’t walk ... the Street! Walk here ... the sidewalk.
Share your Results:
Answers – Prepositions of Place Quiz
1. I listen to the radio on the way to work.
2. We watched the football game on TV.
3. My parents live in New Zeland now.
4. I saw a good film at the cinema yesterday.
5. We were stuck in a traffic jam for an hour.
6. Is there any fish on the menu?
7. I could not find a seat on the bus.
8. We were great friends when we were at college.
9. She likes to sleep on the right side of the bed.
10. Don’t walk in the Street! Walk here on the sidewalk.
Finished already? Then try another exercise here.