The best way to learn gerunds and infinitives is through practice and I challange you to score ten on ten in the gerunds and infinitives test. Read through the ten sentences and choose the correct missing words.
For each of the following 1-10, choose the correct answer.
1) I enjoyed ... the game on TV.
2) Her parents didn't let her ... out last night.
3) They hope ... us next year.
4) She wanted me ... her.
5) We don't tolerate ... in the library.
7) I hate ... to eat in a hurry
8) Please remember ... the windows before you leave.
9) She remembers ... him leave an hour ago.
10) He denies ... the window.
Share your Results:
Answers – Gerunds and Infinitives Test
1. I enjoyed watching the game on TV.
2. Her parents didn’t let her go out last night.
3. They hope to visit us next year.
4. She wanted me to help her.
5. We don’t tolerate smoking in the library.
6. The policeman asked to see his driving license.
7. I hate having to eat in a hurry.
8. Please remember to close the windows before you leave.
9. She remembers seeing him leave an hour ago.
10. He denies breaking the window.
Finished already? Then try another exercise here.
thank you so much I recommend these quizzes to my students