The best way to learn phrasal verbs is through practice and I challange you to score ten on ten in the phrasal verbs test. Read through the ten sentences and choose the correct missing prepositions.
For each of the following 1-10, choose the correct answer.
1) She warmed ... the soup in the microwave.
2) The car broke ... just outside Winchester.
3) She has called ... the wedding.
4) Try ... the shoes before you buy them.
5) I used to hang ... with them when I was at college.
6) I was hit on the head and passed ... .
7) When I get seasick , I throw ... my food.
8) I put ... going to the doctor but I wish I hadn’t.
9) She's upset as her father passed ... last week.
10) I have come ... with some new ideas.
Share your Results:
Answers – Phrasal Verbs Test
1. She warmed up the soup in the microwave.
2. The car broke down just outside Winchester.
3. She has called off the wedding.
4. Try on the shoes before you buy them.
5. I used to hang out with them when I was at college.
6. I was hit on the head and passed out.
7. When I get seasick , I throw up my food.
8. I put off going to the doctor but I wish I hadn’t.
9. She’s upset as her father passed away last week.
10. I have come up with some new ideas.
Finished already? Then try another exercise here.