The best way to learn tenses is through practice and I challange you to score ten on ten in the tenses quiz. Read through the ten sentences and choose the correct missing words.
For each of the following 1-10, choose the correct answer.
1) She usually ... to work by car.
2) I ... her since 2015.
3) It ... the first time I ... eaten sushi.
4) I ... Japanese before I moved to Japan.
5) He was trying to sleep while I ... TV.
6) He ... the door while I was having breakfast.
7) My eyes hurt every time I ... computer games.
8) Next year I ... here for ten years.
9) I ... a nightmare last night.
10) She ... in 2012 with a bachelor's degree in economics.
Share your Results:
Answers – Verb Tenses Quiz
1. She usually goes to work by car.
2. I haven’t seen her since 2015.
3. It was the first time I had eaten sushi.
4. I had learned Japanese before I moved to Japan.
5. He was trying to sleep while I was watching TV.
6. He knocked the door while I was having breakfast.
7. My eyes hurt every time I play computer games.
8. Next year I will have been working here for ten years.
9. I had a nightmare last night.
10. She graduated in 2012 with a bachelor’s degree in economics.
Finished already? Then try another exercise here.